Celebrating its 19th season, the Farmers’ Market is a frequent stop for area residents to enjoy the vibrant colors, aromas and flavors of southeast Michigan’s growing season. Located at the corner of E. Third and Water Street, just one block east of Main Street, the market is open every Saturday, May 5 through October 27, from 8 am – 1 pm.
“The Downtown Rochester Farmers’ Market provides a community gathering place throughout the summer months,” said Taylor Clayton, Marketing Coordinator for the Rochester Downtown Development Authority. “The market is not only a great way to start your Saturday but, has a great atmosphere to shop some of the freshest and healthiest food in our local food economy.”
Opening Day festivities will include:
- FREE Farmers’ Market Tote Bags with special offers from Downtown Rochester businesses and farmers’ market vendors for the first 500 adult customers (A giveaway for the kids, while supplies last).
- Live music by singer, Alfie Jean.
- A magic show performed by magician Gordon Russ
- Enter-to-win for gift certificates donated by Downtown Rochester businesses
- Enter-to-win the Harvest Basket Drawing for a plethora of products donated by market vendors
The market features Michigan-grown (or made) products including vegetables, fruits, flowers, container gardens, fresh cut flowers, herbs, homemade baked goods, gnocchi, jams and jellies, honey, maple syrup, tea blends, locally roasted coffee and various certified organic products including eggs, beef and chicken.
The Downtown Rochester Farmers’ Market is presented by the Rochester Downtown Development Authority and Ascension Crittenton Hospital. For more information about the market, please visit www.downtownrochestermi.com
or contact the Rochester DDA office at 248/656-0060.