Looking for a sweet treat to celebrate the summer? Look no further! This yummy parfait tastes just like a lighter cheesecake with healthier benefits. The mousse is made with Greek yogurt, which is packed with protein, and lemon juice, which contains vitamin C. Cheesecake is never not in season, so you can enjoy this treat all year round.
- Strawberries, stem removed and chopped
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 8 oz. Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. amaretto (optional)
1. Take all ingredients except the strawberries and blueberries and put in food processor and blender, until smooth.
2. Alternate layers of fruit with cheesecake mousse mixture in a small mason jar or other clear container to make individual portions. Use piping bag for ease of placing cheesecake mousse into jar. Serve cold. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
- Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Bites
- Healthy Side and Dessert Recipes for a Tasty Independence Day
- Healthier Summer Dessert Ideas
Our mission is to help everyone in Michigan get healthier from the inside out. This means everything from giving you resources to help you make better decisions about diet and exercise, as well as information on creating and sustaining nurturing communities and successful businesses — everything you need to help create a healthier Michigan.