Paid Focus Group: Parents Concerned about the HPV Vaccine
Are you worried about the HPV vaccine? We’d like to learn more about the opinions of parents/guardians who have been offered the HPV vaccine for their child, but have either refused or delayed the HPV vaccine due to concerns about the vaccine.
You are eligible to participate if…
- You identify yourself as a parent/guardian or health care decision-maker of a child 11-17 years of age and you have 1) refused the HPV vaccine OR 2) delayed the HPV vaccine due to concerns about the vaccine such as, but not limited to,
- vaccine safety,
- the impact of vaccination on a child’s sexual behavior,
- uncertainty about how necessary the vaccine is to one’s health.
- You are a resident of Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Genesee, or Monroe County.
- You are 21 years of age or older.
The focus group will take place Tuesday, October 22, 2019, from 5:30-7:30PM. The location will be informed upon eligibility. It will be located within Wayne County. To find out more or see if you are eligible for the study please go to tinyurl.com/hpvfocusgroup or call Maida Herrera at 313-578-4364 or email email@example.com.
Participation is completely voluntary. All information is confidential. Upon completion of the focus group discussion, you will be compensated with a $40 gift card to thank you for your time. This study is being sponsored by Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute. IRB # 063718B3E