We are so excited to announce that the Normandy Oaks Park and Splash Pad is now open. The newest metro Detroit splash pad sits on 40 acres. In addition to the splash pad, the site includes a large playground, nature area, trails, turf soccer fields, pavilions, restrooms and more. It is important to note that this park is ADA accessible.
Normandy Oaks Splash Pad
The FREE splash pad within Normandy Oaks park is fenced in with one opening therefore making it easy for parents and caregivers to keep an eye on the children. The surface about the splash pad is concrete, however there are patches of AstroTurf about the perimeter around the picnic tables.
The area hosts five picnic tables, covered by large shade sails making this the perfect place for a summer picnic.
The splash pad runs on a five minute timer. To start the water features guests should press the button. There are more than 30 different water elements to keep the kids busy including a huge buckets that dumps water every few minutes. The jets are on a timer, so all the water is not flowing at the same time.
Normandy Oaks Park Playground
The playground area at Normandy Oaks Park is designed for school-aged children. We found that it was really hard for younger guests (ages 3 and under) to navigate based on their height and climbing ability. The focus of the main structure is the giant tunnel slide, which requires guests to climb the ropes. The main structure also hosts a fun bridge, climbing nets, a ladder, monkey bar like elements and stepping/balance elements.
While there is a smaller structure for younger guests, it is just a basic climbing element. Younger guests can also enjoy two saucer swings.
Amenities at Normandy Oaks
This Royal Oak park features many great amenities for guests including pavilions and picnic shelters (with concessions). The shaded areas have plenty of picnic tables, as well as grills. And with restrooms attached to the pavilion, it’s the perfect location for parties. The pavilions and shelters can be rented.
The retention pond is along the paved walking path and attracts local wildlife such as ducks and geese. The open manicured lawn is great for ball games as well as yoga and community fitness classes. The park also hosts two parking lots that provide ample parking for visitors.
Normandy Oaks Park in Royal Oak Splash Pad Hours and Location
The brand new splash pad is located at 4234 Delemere Blvd, Royal Oak, MI 48073 . It will be open from Memorial Day until Labor Day. The Normandy Oak Splash Pad Hours are from 9 am until 9 pm daily.
The playground and park hours are from dawn until dusk.
Connect with Royal Oak
Other Parks with Playgrounds in Royal Oak
Community Parks in Royal Oak
- Dickinson Park – Located at Springer & Amherst. Basketball court, picnic tables, soccer field, tennis court along with a playground.
- Dondero Park – Located at Dondero & Hoffman. Baseball / Softball, Basketball Court, Picnic Tables, playground as well as tennis.
- Elks Park – Located at Normandy & Rosewold. Baseball/Softball field, basketball court, picnic tables, soccer field, tennis court as well as a playground.
- Exchange Park – Located at Campbell & Montrose. Baseball / Softball field, Outdoor Ice Skating Rink, Playground, soccer field and also a tennis court.
- Gunn Dyer Park – Located at Chester & Hampton. Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, together with a Playground.
- Kenwood Park – Located at Kenwood & Forest Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Tables, playground, soccer and also tennis.
- Lawson Park – Located at Irving & Parent. Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, picnic tables, playground together with volleyball.
- Lockman Park – Located at Connecticut & Derby. Basketball, Drinking Fountain, Fitness Stations, picnic tables playground, tennis and also volleyball.
- Meininger Park – Located at Maxwell & Farnum. Basketball, Drinking Fountain, Fitness Stations, outdoor ice skating rink, picnic tables, playground, tennis court as well as vita course.
- Memorial Park – Located at 13 Mile and Woodward. Sports fields include: Baseball / Softball Fields, Concession, Football Field, and also a tennis court. The park also contains a pavilion, picnic tables, playground, and restrooms.
- Normandy Oaks Park – Located on Normandy Road east of Crooks. In addtion to the splash pad, the site includes a large playground, nature area, trails, turf soccer fields, pavilions and more.
- Optimist Park – Located at Rochester Road & Montrose. Sports fields include baseball/softball, multipurpose field, soccer an also volleyball. In addition to sports, the park hosts picnic tables and a playground.
- Red Run Park – Located at Girard & Vermont. Sport fields include Baseball / Softball, Basketball, tennis, soccer as well as tennis. The park is also home to picnic areas and a playground.
- Starr Jaycee Park – Located at 13 Mile & Crooks. Sport fields include Baseball / Softball, Fitness Stations, Football Field, frisbee golf, and also volleyball. Guests can enjoy a playground as well as a pavilion.
- VFW Park – Located at Campbell & Lincoln. Baseball / Softball, Basketball, Multi-Purpose Field, pavilion, picnic tables, playground, restrooms and tennis.
- Waterworks Park – Located at Marywood & Lloyd. Baseball / Softball, Fitness Stations, Multi-Purpose Field
- Whittier Park – Located at Farnum & Alexander. Multi-Purpose Field, Pickleball Courts, Picnic Tables, playground as well as soccer.
Neighborhood Parks in Royal Oak
- Barton Park I – Located at Troy & Pingree. Picnic Tables Playground.
- Bassett Park – Located at Campbell Road. Asphalt Play Area Playground Soccer Field.
- Clawson Park – Located on Woodland. This park is home to picnic tables as well as a playground.
- Cody Park – Located at Cody & 12 Mile. Playground Soccer Field Picnic Tables.
- Cummingston Park – Located at Torquay and Leafdale. Includes multi-purpose field, picnic tables, playground as well as trails.
- Fernwood Park – Located at Austin & Farnum. Basketball Playground Soccer Field.
- Franklin Park – Located at Harrison & Mohawk. Playground Tennis Court.
- Fulton Park – Located at Parkway Drive & Normandy. Picnic Tables and also a Playground.
- Grant Park – Located at Fifth & Kayser. Baseball / Softball Picnic Tables Playground soccer.
- Lions Club Park – Located at Hilldale & Woodsboro. Picnic Tables Playground.
- Maddock Park – Located at Lincoln & Stephenson. Playground Soccer Field Vita Course.
- Marais Park – Located at Marais & Vinsetta. Multi-Purpose Field as well as a playground.
- Marks Park – Located at 2nd & Blair. Multi-Purpose Field Picnic Tables Playground.
- Maudlin Park – Located at Cooper Avenue & Samoset. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Tables, Playground and also a soccer field.
- Miller Park – Located at Garden Avenue & Webster Avenue. Picnic Areas as well as a playground.
- Milton Hey – Hudson Park – Located at Knowles & Batavia. Basketball Multi-Purpose Field Picnic Tables playground.
- Pioneer Park – Located at Parkway Drive & Normandy. Picnic areas and also a playground.
- Quickstad Park Nature Center – Normandy & Lexington. The Tenhave Woods Nature Trails are located within Quickstad Park.
- Realtor Park – Located at Main & Sunnybrook. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Areas, together with a Playground.
- Sullivan Park – Located at Greenfield Road & Samoset Road. Picnic areas and also a playground.
- Upton Park – Located at Nakota & Mandalay. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Areas, Playground together with a Tennis Court.
- Wagner Park – Located at Rochester & Main. Dog Run, Frisbee Golf, Picnic Areas as well as a playground.
- Worden Park East – Located at Lexington & Marias Avenue. Picnic Areas as well as a Playground.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.