National Soup Month: Crockpot Lasagna Soup
Warm up this winter and celebrate National Soup Month with our healthier version of lasagna. This soup recipe will still satisfy your pasta cravings and leave you feeling full without over-indulging in carbs or heavy amounts of cheese. Bonus: your slow cooker will do all of the work for you so you can have a hassle-free meal ready for the family. Check out the recipe:
Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb. ground sirloin or ground turkey
- 3 cups of beef, chicken or vegetarian broth
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped zucchini
- 1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes (may use fresh tomatoes too)
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of V8 or other vegetable drink
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups uncooked pasta noodles (I recommend shells or cavatappi noodles)
- 1 cup of water
- Optional topping, shredded cheese
- Mix together can of tomatoes and tomato paste in the crockpot.
- Add broth, beef, garlic, parsley, basil, onion, zucchini, V8, salt and pepper. Note: beef can go into the crockpot without pre-cooking.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high or 4-5 hours.
- When 30 minutes are left of cooking time, add 1 cup of water and pasta. Stir to combine. Put lid back on and continue cooking for remaining 30 minutes.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!