Local Biggest and Best Used Book and Media Sale Returns-Bookstock 2019 #BookstockMI
Books, Books, and more Books at unbelievable deals. A true reader’s paradise! What better way to spend some mom time by yourself searching through tons of used books sipping on some tea or coffee. Or how does a fun afternoon activity with the family searching for used books and used media such as DVDs and CDs sound?
Metro Detroit Mommy was compensated for this promotional post.
Annual sale Bookstock 2019 is here again starting Sunday, April 7th, bigger and better than ever. I have had the opportunity to visit Beautiful Laurel Park Place Mall in Livonia, MI during this sale and it is personally my favorite thing to do. I love seeing all the many books about 300,000 to be exact and over 800 volunteers.
What makes this sale even more special, all proceeds go to benefiting literacy and education across Detroit Metro including Oakland, Wayne, Benzie, Washtenaw, and Grand Traverse Counties. New this year is JVS Human Services has partnered with other sponsors including Presenting Sponsor Mike Morse Law Firm. Detroit News columnist Neal Rubin is Honorary Chairperson of Bookstock. Deputy Superintendent of Detroit Public Schools Community District Alycia Meriwether is Bookstock’s, Honorary Chancellor.
Listed below is the need to know timeline of events. A few little tips if you are looking to go for best selection or a rare find the preview show is worth the $20 entrance fee. If you are a bargain shopper like me! The last day everything is half off I usually can find some classic books for kids and cook books.
• Pre-Sale Kick Off – Sunday, April 7th at 8:15 a.m. There is a $20 admission till 11 am and will give savvy shoppers access to first dibs on Bookstock’s treasure trove of deals. There will be over 300, 000 gently used books, DVDs, CDs, Audio Books, and even vintage vinyl for sale at basement bargain prices.
• Open to Public – Sunday, April 7th at 11 a.m.- 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Monday Madness – Monday, April 8th: The first 2,000 shoppers will receive spectacular giveaways plus a chance to win a $100 VISA gift card ever hour!
• Teacher Appreciation Days – Tuesday, April 9th and Wednesday, 10th: If you are a teacher this a day to score some great deals. Teachers will receive 50% with valid work I.D. from 3-9 p.m. on both days. On Tuesday at 5 p.m. there will be a Bookstock B.E.S.T Awards presented to fourth grade students from Detroit Public Schools. The top winners wrote essays entitled, “My Favorite Book Character…and Why.” A WDIV TV Personality will present the awards live and cash prizes will be given to five students including their teachers and schools.
• Bookbuster Special Days – Thursday, April 11th and Friday, April 12th: Buy three books and get the fourth book free (least expensive is free item) from 3-9 p.m. Spend $25 or more and be entered in a special drawing for some super cool items like 2 tickets to Detroit Tigers Game.
• Cookstock – Saturday, April 13th: Cookbooks half off the largest collection in the area. Incredible cooking and dining prizes given away throughout day.
• Half Price Finale – Sunday, April 14th: Entire Selection of books and media will be sold for half off!
Enjoy checking this wonderful book sale out with Bookstock helping the community marking 17 years in raising over 2 million for literacy and education projects in Michigan. With all the 800 volunteers worked throughout the year to make this wonderful event happen.
Bookstock is brought to the community by a consortium of non-profit organizations that support education literacy projects throughout Metro Detroit.
For more information about Bookstock, contact the hotline, (248) 645-7840, ext. 365 or visit bookstockmi.org. Laurel Park Place is located on 6-mile Road east of I-275 in Livonia.