Loaded Sweet Potato Bites
This recipe, as the name suggests, is loaded with flavors and nutrition.
On their own, sweet potatoes provide fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Olive oil is a heart-healthy fat that also eases inflammation. Greek yogurt provides protein while the onions help to reduce cholesterol levels. Enjoy!
Loaded Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
• 3-4 pounds sweet potatoes
• 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
• 2 tsp. garlic powder
• 2 tsp. chili powder
• 2 tsp. kosher salt
• Hot sauce, optional
• Extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• ~6 green onions
• ½ cup sour cream
• ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into ¼-inch slices. Place the slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, and kosher salt, and stir to thoroughly coat both sides of all slices.
3. Place in a single row on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes on one side, then remove from the oven, flip all rounds, and bake another 10 minutes until soft.
4. Thinly slice the green onions.
5. Mix sour cream and Greek yogurt together.
6. When the potatoes are done, remove them from oven and add a dot of hot sauce on each round (if desired). Top each round with shredded cheese and wait a few minutes for the cheese to melt (the potatoes will be hot enough at this point to melt the cheese).
7. Place the rounds on a serving platter. Add a dollop of sour cream/yogurt on each round, and garnish with sliced green onions. Enjoy!
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan.