Christmas is right around the corner. If you are anything like me you are scrambling to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list. National Geographic Kids books are the perfect gift for the curious child. We recently got the change to check out the following titles courtesy of National Geographic Kids.
* Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret by Trudi Trueit — NEW FICTION SERIES! — ($16.99, hardcover, ages 8-12) This new fiction book features adventure, danger, and a thrilling global mission for 12-year-old Cruz Coronado. Filled with learning and excitement, readers can find and solve the clues in the book.
* To the Moon and Back: My Apollo 11 Adventure A Pop-Up Book by Buzz Aldrin with Marianne J. Dyson (ages 8-12, hardcover, $32.00) — To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission Buzz Aldrin shares his stories and anecdotes. Children will love the vibrant images, pop-up figures and learning amazing facts about his trip to the moon.
* Ultimate Secrets Revealed: A Closer Look at the Weirdest, Wildest Facts on Earth (ages 8-12, hardcover, $19.99) — The perfect book for curious minds. This book is filled with filled with mind0blowing facts about weird phenomena, strange inventions, quirky animals and other wild information. Fun and easy to read with vibrant images and easy to digest material that normally spans no longer than a two page spread in the book. Making it easy to pick up and put down, perfect for car rides, doctor’s office visits or when they are waiting for just about anything.
* Ultimate Predatorpedia: The Most Complete Predator Reference Ever (ages 7-10, hardcover, $24.99) – In this book, children can dive into the amazing world of creatures who prey on others for their survival. They will learn about predators big and small from the largest sharks, lions, tigers, and bears to the tiniest ants, mites, and spiders. Learn about the ferocious, fierce, and fantastic habits. this encyclopedia is filled with colorful photographs and fun facts making if the perfect resource for learning.
* National Geographic Kids Why Not?: Over 1,111 Answers to Everything (ages 8-12, hardcover, $19.99) – Over 1,100 answers to the questions kids (and adults) want to know. Why don’t you keep growing your whole life? Why aren’t we traveling by jetpack yet? Why aren’t school buses red? Why can’t you walk on clouds? It’s all there! I love this book, and so do my children. We normally will read this at night time and randomly flip to a page and read. We are all learning something new every day.
* Dog Science Unleashed: Fun Activities to Do With Your Canine Companion (ages 8-12, paperback, $12.99) This book contains twenty-two pup-friendly activities to help young scientists experiment and learn how their canine companions think, move, drink, stay warm, get clean and cool off. Activities include how to determine your dog’s favorite smell, to figuring out if your dog is a righty or a lefty. Each activity includes step-by-step instructions, scientific explanations, and photographs that illustrate important elements of the activity.
* Just Joking Jumbo 2 (ages 7-10, paperback, $14.99) – Have a jokester in the family? Children will love this book, it is jam-packed with over 1,000 jokes and photos. Silly facts that are strangely true, laughable lists, conversation jokes, and long-story jokes with hilarious endings make this the perfect book for your comedian in training!
* Fly With Me: A Celebration of Birds Through Pictures, Poems and Stories (ages 4-8, $24.99) was created by the iconic Jane Yolen and her three adult children, Heidi, Adam and Jason Stemple. The book is thoughtful and beautifully curated and features a collection of our flying, feathery friends that highlight the role birds play in human life from centuries ago to present day. Combining beautifully written original poems and stories, this book highlights fun facts about birds. Children will learn about the beauty of writing and the science behind behavior, migration and so much more.
Connect with Nat Geo Kids:
Prize Pack Giveaway
We are pleased to offer our readers the opportunity to win this fantastic Holiday Gift Prize Pack from National Geographic which consists of the eight books listed above with a retail value of $152.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (13), Carlyn (10), Naomi (7), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke and trivia with L Sharp Productions. She enjoys the Metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.