Homeschool Connections – Supplemental Homeschool Classes
In 2016, there were over 2 million homeschool students in the United States. It is estimated that those numbers will grow between 2% and 8% over the next few years. It might seem overwhelming at first, but there are several local programs that can help parents in their homeschooling journey. One program that I found very useful is Homeschool Connections. My daughters, Rosaleigh and Carlyn have attended these classes in past years. While they attend HighPoint Hybrid Academy, the classes offered by Homeschool Connections provided an amazing supplemental resource for us.
What is Homeschool Connections?
Homeschool Connections is an independent, homeschool program created by homeschoolers for homeschooling families. The program’s goal is to help families educate their children in a way that facilitates wonder and excitement. Classes are taught by people who are passionate and knowledgeable about the subjects they cover. Parents choose individual classes, a-la-carte that suit the needs of their child.
Homeschool Connections provides classes to supplement your homeschool curriculum, tackling subjects you may not feel confident teaching, or bringing new ideas and energy to those you might find dull. Some classes feature epic science experiments, engaging history lessons, amazing art projects. Your student will have the opportunity to learn about a wide variety of topics covering math, science, language arts, social studies, technology, fine arts, life skills and more.
Elementary grade-level classes are experienced-based to create curiosity, interest, and enthusiasm in the topic. While middle and high school classes are often more involved with homework than elementary classes and use a curriculum. High school classes are designed in a university-style format so that students get used to following a syllabus and learn to manage their time well, as well as gain interest in the subject of their classes.
Where Does Homeschool Connections Meet?
Homeschool Connections classes meet in person once per week. Families can choose from seven locations:
AUBURN HILLS on Mondays
248-710-0360 ext. 1001
3411 E Walton Blvd.
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
CLARKSTON on Fridays
248-710-0360 ext. 1003
6300 Clarkston Rd.
Village of Clarkston, MI 48346
CLINTON TOWNSHIP on Mondays
248-710-0360 ext. 1002
19700 15 Mile Road
Charter Township of Clinton, MI 48035
ROCHESTER HILLS on Tuesdays
248-710-0360 ext. 1004
160 West Hamlin Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
ROMEO on Thursdays
248-710-0360 ext. 1005
74903 McKay Rd.
Bruce Twp., MI 48065
SHELBY TOWNSHIP on Fridays
248-710-0360 ext. 1006
12400 23-Mile Rd.
Shelby Twp, MI 48315
TROY on Thursdays
248-710-0360 ext. 1007
3668 Livernois Rd.
Troy, MI 48083
How Much Does Homeschool Connections Cost?
Why Choose Homeschool Connections?
- We help families educate their kids.
- Because parents get to pick and choose classes for their children a la carte style, this is a very customizable, tailor-made program.
- Our classes are hands-on and activity-based.
- Parents pick and choose the classes that they feel their kids need.
- Homeschool Connections is an independent, homeschool program created by homeschoolers by homeschoolers.
- Classes meet in person one day a week at a campus.
- Our middle and lower grade level classes are experienced-based to create curiosity, interest, and enthusiasm in the topic.
- Middle and high school classes are often more involved with homework than elementary classes and use a curriculum.
- High school classes are designed in a university-style format so that students get used to following a syllabus and learn to manage their time well, as well as gain interest in the subject of their classes.
- Our classes are “self pay” (paid by the families) but we do allow families to get funding if parents would like.
- Our classes are taught by fabulous, highly passionate, high quality people who love to teach, love what they know, and desire to pass on their love for their area of expertise to the children and teens.
- Homeschool Connections is intended to be supplemental to the at-home curriculum that you’re using.
- We enhance education by providing classes on subjects that families need assistance with learning.
- High school classes are more of a collegiate-style with syllabi in order to prep them for college and further education.
- You choose what is important for your kids to learn and you structure your homeschooling around that. Then we enhance and reinforce your learning goals for your kids.
- Parents are really good at teaching a lot of things to their kids. But especially in high school grades, there are some subjects, like physics and biology, that not every parent is equipped to train in.
- Some children thrive in certain areas until their parents try to help them. Then they lose interest or could use a different perspective. Homeschool Connections can help by providing a teacher to encourage the child in enjoying those kinds of subjects again.
Social Media Links: