Metro Detroit Mommy Blogger Theresa Walker- Beach Body Coach
This cold soup recipe is fantastic! I make it several times every summer. It lasts well in the fridge for up to 5 days. I recommend using a decent blender.
- 8-10 large tomatoes chopped, reserve 1/2 cup worth- Roma’s are best
- 1 large white onion chopped, reserve 1/4 cup
- 1 large cucumber chopped, reserve 1/2 cup
- 1 large green pepper chopped, reserve 1/2 cup
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of one large lemon
- Fresh chopped basil to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic or a TBSP diced from jar
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil and lemon juice into blender
- Add veggies slowly, blend portions at a time. Blend till desired consistency.
- Pour into a large bowl, add seasonings to taste and stir.
- Add the reserved chopped veggies to mix and stir.
- Serve and refrigerate left overs.
You can add any other veggies you like, I often add in celery or red pepper. You can add to blended mixture or just top. I like to also top it with avocado and dip tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Theresa is a wife and stay at home mother of 2 boys, David (13) and Aiden (10). Her hobbies include traveling, reading, running, cooking and volunteering at MI Humane Society with the adoptable cats. She also spends her free time serving as PTO President at her son’s elementary school. She enjoys being active and is proud to have completed 4 marathons. She loves to share her passion for health and fitness with others.