Metro Detroit Mommy Blogger Theresa Walker- Beach Body Coach
This cold soup recipe is fantastic! I make it several times every summer. It lasts well in the fridge for up to 5 days. I recommend using a decent blender.
- 8-10 large tomatoes chopped, reserve 1/2 cup worth- Roma’s are best
- 1 large white onion chopped, reserve 1/4 cup
- 1 large cucumber chopped, reserve 1/2 cup
- 1 large green pepper chopped, reserve 1/2 cup
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of one large lemon
- Fresh chopped basil to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic or a TBSP diced from jar
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil and lemon juice into blender
- Add veggies slowly, blend portions at a time. Blend till desired consistency.
- Pour into a large bowl, add seasonings to taste and stir.
- Add the reserved chopped veggies to mix and stir.
- Serve and refrigerate left overs.
You can add any other veggies you like, I often add in celery or red pepper. You can add to blended mixture or just top. I like to also top it with avocado and dip tortilla chips. Enjoy!