|Thanks to my friend, Laura, who attended this dinner with me.|
I attended with my three children ages eight, five and two. The staff was so helpful and accommodating, they went out of their way to make our experience wonderful for everyone. The employees didn’t bat an eye when my two year old daughter knocked over her full glass of water, or threw her bread on the floor. They offered assistance when we attempted to navigate the Market Fresh table, one of the employees actually walked my five year old through the buffet twice. And although I was mortified by the fact that my youngest was wiggling so much I dropped food all over the place at the buffet (seriously, they usually have great manners) they all just took it in stride and tried to ensure that I was okay and enjoying myself… DRINK PLEASE!
Fogo De Chão is family friendly in both the quick service and ability to eat right away and the welcome feeling you will receive. Although I do have a few tips to share with you based on my experience.
1. Smaller portions make for more experiences – if you want to try it all, you can only take a bite or two, take small samples and if you have room you can go back for more.
2. Only take two or three meats at a time so you can enjoy each meat before it gets cold.
3. Share! Cut your meats in half and share with a friend so that you can sample them all. The portions they serve do not lend themselves to sampling every meat they offer, so sharing is a great way to save room.
4. Know your time limits if dining with children. While my five and eight year old children were wonderful, my two year old was done after about an hour. If you want to really enjoy the experience, you will likely need more than one hour as you don’t want to rush a great meal. So while children and families are welcome at Fogo De Chão, you might want to consider making it an adults only night if you want to sit back, relax and enjoy the experience.
5. If a certain meat doesn’t come around, be sure to ask your waiter or waitress to send it to you.
6. Try the Brazillian lemonade… no really, it is spectacular.
7. Don’t forget to save room for desert, YUM!
I highly recommend Fogo De Chão for your next celebratory event. This is the perfect place for an anniversary, birthday, moms night out, holiday party or congratulatory dinner. Everything we experienced during our meal was amazing. From drinks to dessert the teamwork style service ensured that our every need was met in a timely fashion. We can’t wait to go back.
In honor of its grand opening, Fogo de Chão is hosting a “Backpack through Brazil” fundraiser that benefits Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan from Monday, Nov. 6 through Thursday, Nov. 9. During lunch and dinner on these days, Fogo de Chão will donate 25% of guests’ food sales to Gleaners when they mention the food bank.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Monday through Thursday: 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 pm to 10:30 pm
Saturday: 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Weekend Brazilian Brunch:
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Monday through Friday: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm (Available in Bar Fogo only)
About Fogo de Chão
Fogo de Chão is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized for more than 37 years in fire-roasting high-quality meats utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. The company was founded in 1979 in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and expanded into the U.S. in 1997. There are currently 49 locations throughout Brazil, the United States, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia including locations in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago and Mexico City. For more information, visit Fogo.com or Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Check out “The Gaucho Way,” a documentary-style video shot through the eyes of real Fogo de Chão Brazilian gauchos and explores the restaurant’s deep cultural roots in Southern Brazil.
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.