Family Events for the Week of October 21st
Be sure to check out all the fun Halloween and Fall themed events.
Fish or Treat – (Auburn Hills) 2019
October 5-31, 2019
- Address: SeaLife Aquarium– Michigan: 4316 Baldwin Road Auburn Hills, MI 48326
- Phone: (248) 409-6009
- Time: regular business hours
- Cost: varies
- Description: SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium invites guests to its Fish or Treat event to take part in several Halloween-themed activities —including half off the price of admission for everyone dressed in a costume every day until Halloween. Families can search for ghoulish goodies in the touch pool and see incredible underwater pumpkin carvings in the ocean tank. Underwater pumpkin carvings will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 15 and 22 and at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 26.
Help Jack & Parker discover the paranormal part of Detroit! Go on a hunt to catch ghosts & save the city… What’s Happening? -Dress in costume and receive 50% off your walk-up ticket (adults, too!)* -Monstrous LEGO build activity -Halloween photo ops -Trade minifigures with our staff *Only valid for walk-up general admission tickets. Not valid online, for combo tickets or Annual Passes. Final interpretation resides with LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
Shield’s Restaurant and Pizzeria Trick or Treat
October 27th 12 – 3 pm
- Address: 1476 West Maple Road in Troy
- Phone: 248/637-3131
- Cost: Trick or Treating and games are free.
- Description: The event will feature fun games, kid-friendly movies, prizes, lots of treats, and a costume contest. Shield’s is expecting this to be a big event and reservations are suggested. There is no cost for this fun event! Families that stay after the event and eat at Shield’s will be given a 15% discount off any small pizza.
BACKYARD PLAYROOM: DROP IN PLAY
Every Tuesday and Friday 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Backyard Playroom 2119 Catalpa Berkley, Michigan
- (248) 543-0767
- Cost: FREE
- Every Tuesday and Friday morning we offer a place for parents to take a breath, connect with one another, and enjoy watching their young children learn and grow through imaginative play. There will be a 15-minute story-time at 10 am every Friday followed by unstructured playtime until noon. Come and go as you please!
Parents can recharge with locally roasted coffee or tea and allergy-sensitive snacks are available for the kids. Our Drop-In & Play program is FREE to the community and the coffee and snacks are reasonably priced.
The Robot Garage in Birmingham is hosting a Free Halloween Lego Make and Take event on Friday, October 25th, 2019. Children of all ages are welcome to participate in a free Drop-In session from 4pm to 6pm. During their visit they can build with Lego, LaQ® from Japan, Plus Plus® from Denmark, and more. The first 100 children will receive a Lego Hidden Side ghost. The Robot Garage encourages participants to wear a costumes, but it is not required.
October 16 and October 26 11:00am-3:00pm
- Detroit Zoo: 8450 W 10 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48067
- Watch as the animals at the Detroit Zoo receive fall harvest goodies that they can play with, roll around in, tear apart and smash during this fall favorite.
- Check out the pumpkin smashing schedule here.
Multi-Sensory Haunted House
Friday and Saturday October 25 & 26
- Greater Detroit Agency for the Blind and Visually Impaired: 16625 Grand River Avenue Detroit, MI 48227
- Tickets: $5-$20
- You are invited to GDABVI’s 3rd Annual Multi-Sensory Haunted House — a “fun”raiser to support our summer programs for blind and visually impaired kids. Only $5 per person; Family Pack $20 (for up to 6 people). Kids 3 years and under are free. Enjoy a complimentary hot dog and cup of hot chocolate with your admission donation.
- There will be dedicated tour times on Friday (3-5pm) and Saturday (4-5pm) for people with disabilities (or different abilities). This will allow more hands-on, sensory experience in the Haunted House.
- On Friday, the general public time is 6-9pm; and on Saturday, the general public time is 5-9pm.
Beautifully You Teen Girls Conference: Mother & Daughter Edition
Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 9 am – 4 pm
- 163 Madison Street Detroit, MI
- Tickets: $15-$65
- Calling all girls ages 12-17 & Moms
- The Happy Confident Future Foundation & Girls Destined for Greater Mentoring Group brings you their 3rd annual Teen Girls Conference: MOTHER & DAUGHTER Edition!
- This year we will be focusing on bridging the gap between mothers and daughters! This day conference will be filled with breakout sessions geared to strengthen relationships, fun filled bonding exercises and unity between families!
- Sign up here.
Boo at the Nature Center
Saturday, October 26, 2019 11am-3pm
- Belle Isle Nature Center: 176 Lakeside Drive, Detroit, MI
- Visit the animals and take part in spooktacular activities! Children are encouraged to wear costumes and bring treat bags – Halloween goodies are provided to all who attend.
Cider in the City & Pop-Up Pumpkin Patch
Saturday, October 26, 2019 1-5pm
- Beacon Park: 1901 Grand River Ave Detroit, MI
- Blake’s Orchard and Cider Mill will offer free horse-drawn hayrides, fresh donuts, cider and caramel apples available for purchase and the park will be transformed with fall décor, perfect to capture family photos. The events include free themed activities and make and take projects for kids, games, entertainment and food trucks.