Do you have a Shopkins lover at home? Don’t know what to do with all of those Shopkins you keep stepping on in the living room? Well, here is a fun solution! Recreate this super cute, and vibrant, DIY Shopkins Hanging Storage. Check out the details below!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This post includes affiliate links. More details can be found here.
What we used:
- 2 Empty Oatmeal Containers (42oz)
- Hot Pink Plastic Tablecloth
- Old Shopkins toy boxes
- Floral Wire
- X-ACTO Box Cutter
- Sharpie Marker
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue lid to secure it to your oatmeal containers.
- Take your oatmeal container and draw a rectangle 1 in from the top edge, and 1in from the bottom edge of your container (see picture below). The dimensions should be 2.5in x 6.5in.
- Use box cutter to cut the rectangle out.
- Once rectangle is cut out, roll entire container in pink table cloth, cutting off any excess (you can also wrap container before cutting out the opening, but I didn’t think to do it until after. Haha.) Locate the opening you cut out of your oatmeal container, and cut out the tablecloth from that space.
- Fold excess tablecloth around opening into the container, and secure with hot glue for a more tidier appearance.
- Fold and glue excess tablecloth hanging off the ends of the container.
- Cut off Shopkins logo, and other images you choose, from a Shopkins cardboard box, and decorate box as you please..
- Repeat with second oatmeal container.
- Once both containers are complete and decorated, cut slits into both ends for you to thread floral wire through to connect.
- Make sure you cut off enough floral wire to connect both containers, in addition to having an arch fit for hanging. You will need to twist the floral wire in a knot at each end of each container to secure it. I suggest that you thread the containers together first on one side, arch your wire, then thread through the other side.
- Now you can hang, and drop those Shopkins in! 🙂
Briana Marie is a yoga-obsessed Mom of 2 vibrant young girls. She has a BA in Communications and makes a living as a freelance writer, blogger, and owner/lead copywriter at Tanzek Media.When she is not typing away on the computer, she loves to spend time indulging in some of her favorite creative outlets and enjoying the great outdoors. Briana is a huge advocate for “freeing your inner child,” and encourages her fellow Moms to make stress-free FUN a priority in their lives.Briana’s blog Major League Mommy focuses on effective Parenting Made Fun. You can follow her journey on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.