6 Foolproof Ways to Work Out Before 6 AM
It’s 5:30 AM. Your alarm clock is sounding off relentlessly and you are one giant, toasty cinnamon bun in bed. The absolute last thing you want to do is get up and dive into a workout…but you should!
Research and testimonials show that working out before breakfast sets the tone for the day and reinforces a healthy schedule over time. Most people think they can’t handle morning workouts or don’t want to give up their sleep, but the routine gets addictive. The energy and morale boost felt throughout the day is well worth adjusting your schedule to wake up early.
Here are a few tricks that fitness buffs (and AHM bloggers) swear by to get you out of bed and into the gym each and every morning:
- Sleep in your workout clothes: They are just as comfy as pajamas and give you no excuse to not go to the gym after a good night’s rest.
- Move your alarm clock: Set your alarm on the other side of the room, forcing you to get out of bed to turn it off. Once you’re up and out, there’s no reason not to keep going.
- Brush your teeth ASAP: This is the bare minimum for getting ready for the gym and you feel like you can interact with society after.
- Make your bed: As soon as you’ve brushed your teeth, make your bed. You’ll feel way less inclined to climb back in for another hour or two of rest.
- Allow enough time to go home and get ready after: Although this comes with the contingency of living pretty close to your gym or workout facility, packing a bag is an easy excuse not to go to the gym before work or school. Don’t allow yourself an easy out!
- Build two playlists: Create one for preparing in the morning and one for when you’re at the gym. Both should include motivational music and ways to get you psyched about the day.
Photo credit: Pxhere
Are you on board with the morning workout? Here are a few other ideas to motivate you in the AM and throughout the day: