Summer is fading as fast as your tan and that means one thing: The kiddos are heading back to school! With food allergies on the rise, many schools have peanut and tree nut-free classrooms and buildings.
And as a food allergy parent, I know how hard it is to come up with tasty (and healthy!) snacks your kids actually WANT to eat that fit within the guidelines.
It can be frustrating, but it doesn’t have to be. Here is a list of 25 EASY peanut and tree nut free snacks to help you prep for the upcoming school year.
2. Fresh fruit
3. Cheese sticks
5. Hard-boiled egg
6. Dried fruit
7. Fresh veggies
8. Freeze dried veggies/fruit
9. Crackers with Greek yogurt “ranch”
10. Oatmeal with honey
11. Waffle with cinnamon sugar
12. Rice cakes with cheese slices or cream cheese
13. Turkey Jerky
14. Fruit leather
15. Cereal bar
17. Olives and crackers
18. Yogurt raisins
19. Nut-free trail mix (Enjoy Life brand, or make your own
with cereal, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds and pretzels)
20. Refried bean dip and chips
21. Guacamole and chips
22. Salsa and chips
23. A pickle spear rolled into lunch meat
24. Celery sticks spread with WOW butter or sun butter and
topped with raisins
25. Celery sticks spread with cream cheese
What are some of your child’s healthy snacks? I’m always on the lookout for new ideas.