Detroit is bringing back Los Trompos to Beacon Park. Visitors can enjoy eight three-dimensional, larger-than-life “spinning tops”. The sculptures were created by Héctor Esrawe together with Ignacio Cadena. Inspired by a traditional Mexican toy, these vibrant spinning sculptures encourage guests to work together to spin them all at once. Enjoy the beautiful, interactive, cultural celebration at Beacon Park from April 27th until May 23rd.
Los Trompos at Beacon Park Hours and Location
The park is open daily from 6 AM until 10 pm.
Beacon Park is located at 1903 Grand River Avenue in Detroit.
Find a spot to park
RULES for Los Trompos at Beacon Park
1. Happy spinning! Wash or sanitize your hands before and after playing.
2. Let it spin! All riders must wear a mask.
3. Take turns! No more than 1 household at the same time. Maximum capacity: 4 people
4. Spin Safely! Do not try to enter or exit while in motion. Do not hang from or climb on cords.
5. Enjoy and share #beaconpark
***Reminder of safety guidelines in Beacon Park***
1. Stay home if you feel sick
2. Mask or face covering required
3. Maintain 6ft of physical distance between others
4. Frequently use hand washing stations located in every park This is sponsored by DTE Energy Beacon Park Foundation and programmed by the Downtown Detroit Partnership.
Connect with Beacon Park
More Detroit Family Fun
Michigan Science Center in Detroit
The Michigan Science Center has an abundance of attractions to offer. With approximately 87,000 square feet of science to explore, guests can get lost in the three main floors filled with over 250 hands-on exhibits.
Pie Sci Detroit
Whether you have an adventurous palette or if you like to stick to the same classics, Pie Sci Detroit has the perfect pizza for you.
Lafayette Greens is a great place to sit back and also relax. There is plenty to explore in this space. Rows upon rows of raised garden beds display beautiful as well as fragrant flowers.
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.