Use it or Lose It – Brought to you by #Visionworks
“Use it or lose it” is an English proverb most people are familiar with, indicating the urgency of applying skills or knowledge as they might be lost over time. This also applies to property and privileges which may have a clear expiration.
1. Vacation days or paid time off
Many companies no longer allow this time to be rolled over into the next year. This is our top “use it or lose it” item as paid time off from your work can lead to better productivity. Taking a break usually will leave you feeling more relaxed and rejuvenated. Find out how much time you have left and be sure to schedule every last hour of time that your company is giving you. You don’t even have to go anywhere or plan an elaborate trip, sometimes a staycation or staying at home to relax is better than a vacation.
3. Cognitive Ability
- Three Quick At Home Winter Workouts
- Health & Fitness: 10 Ways to Stay Motivated During the Holidays
- Ways to Keep Your Family Active This Winter – Without Freezing
- 30 Days of Health & Fitness Tips
- Solutions For Every Excuse That Stops You From Exercising
- Create your own 10 Minute Workout
- 10 Tips for Busy Moms Who Want to be More Active
- Nature’s Playhouse Yoga & Play
Another idea is to have a list of produce items on the fridge so you can easily see what you have in stock and cross items off as they are used. The list will be a reminder to use up produce before it goes bad.