Sponsored Guest Blogger: Heather Carson: Momtography Detroit
Do you want to start taking better pictures now? Do you want to opportunity to learn with other like-minded moms? Then this is the class for you!
I am Heather at Momtography Detroit
and I have teamed up with Metro Detroit Mommy to offer someone a free seat in the next class!
is a 4-hour jump-start photography class designed with moms in mind. The class delivers the basics to get your camera out of AUTO mode and working for you in any situation, and you’ll also get treated to an afternoon of tips, tricks, and yes, even snacks, to fuel all your picture taking needs!
If you’re anything like me, want to be able to take good pictures of your family and things that happen in your life. Photos that you can look back on and preserve your memories of times that seem fleeting. And if we’re being honest, photos that will have people saying “Oh, how cute!” and that you’re proud to hang on your wall.
You may have gone out and bought a “fancy camera” because that’s what the photographers use, right? That’s what I did when my first child was a baby!
I even already had some experience with photography, but I was left wondering why my photos weren’t always as bright as I would want. Or why the pictures were blurry since my kids were always on the move? When I would try to figure it out on my own, I would get confused by the technical information and diagrams professional photographers used. This class will explain it all in language that anyone can understand.
You might be asking yourself “Why should I spend the money on a class? I can find all kinds of information online for free. I’m sure there’s a video or website that covers all of that!”
Well, life gets busy! When are you going to sit down and do the reading or watch the videos? Before the kids wake up at 6:30 in the morning or after 10 pm, after everyone is asleep and things have quieted down? I sure didn’t!
I had good intentions and bought some resources that were going to help me take better photos – but they ended up sitting on a shelf unread.
It wasn’t until I took a course with other people that I really made some progress. It was hands on! I could have my questions answered immediately! Other people were asking questions and getting answers that I hadn’t even thought about, but still found helpful and made me go “Ah-ha!”.
I just happened to have to these photos that were almost exactly the same pose, but 3 years apart with both babies. I can see the difference now!
Now you can have an opportunity to have your own “Ah-ha!” moment. And you’ll have the time to actually put what you are learning to use during the class. Here’s what you’ll get:
• Top 10 tips for taking better pictures of kids
• Basic photo composition rules
• Introduction to exposure (why are my pictures from outside so bright and why are there so many shadows on faces?)
• ISO (Why are all my pictures from inside the house so dark and grainy?)
• Shutter speed (My baby is on the move, and all of my photos are blurry!)
• Aperture (How can I take pictures when my kitchen is such a mess?!)
• Camera settings
• Basic lens overview
• Backup, printing, and processing overviewYour registration also includes:
• An afternoon just for YOU with others interested in tapping into their creativity through photography
• PDF quick guides for you to keep
• Follow-up emails with additional information/support
• Access to a private Facebook group to connect with other Momtography students and keep in touch, share, learn, and grow together. As a special bonus, the first 5 Metro Detroit Mommy readers who sign up will receive a bonus 1-on-1, 15-minute follow-up with me after the class.
If you want to reserve your space now
, but don’t want to miss out on the chance to win a free seat in the class, don’t worry! If you sign up for the class before the giveaway ends and you are picked as the winner I will refund your registration fee. I promise!
If you’ve made it this far and are interested in the class, but don’t yet have a DSLR or mirrorless camera, feel free to reach out to me! I’m sure we can figure out a loaner.
Please like Momtography Detroit
, then use the form to enter for a chance to win a free Seat in the next Momtography Class on August 11th, 2018 in Birmingham!